The Hamilton Health Sciences Biomedical Technology Department provides a wide range of technical support for medical devices and systems throughout our facilities. We support over 16,000 devices with a purchase value of approximately 100 million dollars. These include patient monitors, infusion, ultrasound, anaesthesia, vital sign monitors, defibrillators, ventilators, perfusion systems, etc. We do not support laboratory chemistry, Xray, CT, MRI, and Nuclear imaging at HHS.
In order to provide the best possible service and to ensure safe deployment of technology, we require the following:
- Work Order Requests are mandatory. These can be done on Meditech or call 72525 to have Biomed Call Centre enter it over the phone. WLMH must use WorxHub.
- Provide all accessories and associated components (especially if SOR-related).
- Notification of moves of any equipment to a different location or site.
- For urgent matters, call the Biomed shop (in directory), page Biomed, call switchboard for after hours emergency issues (except WLMH, SPH).
- For patient lift devices call Patient Equipment Coordinator, email ‘Patient Equipment Requests’, or enter a Biomed WO on Meditech
- All biomedical equipment must be inspected and tested by the Biomedical Technology department prior to use at HHS.
- For purchases or evaluations, consider service documentation and technical training for Biomed, contact Biomed Manager or site Charge Tech for assistance.