Patient Services and Programs
St. Peter's Hospital provides a wide-range of programs and services to meet the needs of seniors and those with chronic illness.
Our programs include:
- Palliative Care - for patients who are nearing the end of life
- Behavioural Health - for patients with Alzheimer Disease and associated dementias who require a secure environment
- Restorative Care - for patients who need assistance to overcome the effects of serious health challenges as the result of, for example, stroke or orthopaedic conditions such as arthritis or fracture
- Complex Continuing Care - for patients who have multiple or complex medical needs and functional challenges as the result of a stroke or neurological condition such as Parkinson's disease, Multiple Sclerosis (MS) or Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS).
- Centre For Healthy Aging - for adults who are well enough to live in the community but require clinical and therapeutic services
Care is provided by teams of professionals consisting of:
- social workers
- occupational therapists
- therapeutic recreationists
- speech-language pathologists
- environmental assistants
- a chaplain