Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation Program
Clinical Manager – Teri Czajka
Clinic Phone #: 905-521-2100 ext. 40964
Clinic Fax #: 905-521-2648
Intake Office: 905-521-2100 ext: 40806
Adults (over 16 years), who have suffered a spinal cord injury (SCI) either due to a traumatic injury or non-traumatic illness (excluding cancer related causes).
- Discharge destination has been discussed and is within LHIN 3 and 4.
- Attainable, functional, rehabilitation goals have been determined.
- General health is stable, all necessary tests and acute care treatments have been completed.
- Physical endurance allows participation in a rehabilitation program, two-hours sitting tolerance and able to attend therapy for at least 30 minutes, twice a day.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and carry-over new learning and willingness to participate in rehabilitation.
The SCI Rehabilitation program is located at 300 Wellington St. North, Regional Rehabilitation Centre, within Hamilton Health Sciences. The program has three components:
Inpatient Rehabilitation, Specialized Outpatient Rehabilitation Services and an Outpatient Clinic.
In addition, there is access to the Patient & Family Learning Centre which provides, print, audio, and video materials on spinal cord injury, healthy lifestyle after injury, and a wide variety of disability related topics, as well as links to peer support groups and community services.
Team Members and Community Partners
Physiatrists, Nurses and Program Secretary
Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists and OT/PT Assistants
Pharmacist, Dietitian, Recreation Therapist, and Pool Instructor
Respiratory Therapists, Speech Language Pathologist and Communication Disorders Assistant
Social Workers, Psychologist, Chaplain and representatives from the Canadian Paraplegic Association
- Within Hamilton Health Sciences a referral can be initiated by requesting a SCI Rehabilitation Consultation through the Order Entry function within Meditech.
- Referrals external to Hamilton Health Sciences can be made by contacting the Intake Coordinator, (905) 521-2100 ext. 40806