Public Reporting - Patient Safety Indicators
Beginning in September 2008, the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care and Ontario Hospitals began posting patient safety indicators to their public websites.
A total of eight patient safety indicators will be phased into public reporting over the next several months as follows:
Starting September 2008
Starting December 2008
- Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus (MRSA)
- Vancomycin Resistant Enterococcis (VRE)
- Hospital Standardized Mortality Ratio (HSMR)
Starting April 2009
- Central-Line Primary Blood Stream Infection (CLI)
- Ventilator-Associated Pneumonia (VAP)
- Surgical Site Infection Prevention
- Hand Hygiene Compliance
Starting April 2010
Detailed Patient Safety Indicator Reporting is available through the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care website at www.ontario.ca/patientsafety.